What to Expect
Our credit counseling services are designed to help you take control of your finances and reach your financial goals. Whether you're buying a house, expecting a new addition to your family or simply want to be debt free.
The most effective way to take control of financial problems is to learn how to manage your money. By offering free financial counseling classes, our objective is to help people get out of debt for good and make better financial decisions in the future.
Benefits of better money management:
- Get out of debt: To get rid of your current debt, a debt management plan may be needed.
- Stay out of debt: Learn how to avoid debt in the future.
- Develop positive spending habits: Be smart about spending your hard earned money.
- Better budgeting: Balance your income between housing, transportation and food.
- Prioritize your needs: Do you need to buy it today, or can it wait until tomorrow?
- Save for the future: Start an emergency fund, a savings account and an investment account so you can retire someday.
- Communicate with creditors: Once enrolling in our debt management program, negotiations with creditors will be handled by the counselor, but our classes will also teach you effective ways for dealing with creditors in the future.
- Potentially improved credit score: After completing of the final test with a passing score of at least 70%, you'll be awarded a Certificate of Achievement and a notation showing your improved money management skills can be made on your Credit Bureau Report.
Learning how to live within a budget is the foundation of a solid money management system. Once you have a better understanding of how your money is being spent, you can better prioritize your needs, get out of debt, avoid future debt, and improve the quality of your life.