What types of housing counseling do you offer?
We offer housing counseling in all stages of the home owning experience. Our Homebuyers Education and Pre Purchase Counseling class will provide you with all the information needed to make sure you are ready to buy a home and what the best approach is to finding the right home.
- Our Post Purchase Counseling will give you tips on how to maintain your home and increase the equity in your home investment.
- Our Loss Mitigation Counseling will assist you if you find yourself struggling to keep up with your mortgage payments.
- Financial Management/Budget Counseling
- Financial, Budgeting, and Credit Repair Workshops
- Rental Housing Counseling
- Rental Housing Workshops
- Services for Homeless Counseling
When are your classes offered?
Current information on the housing education classes are in the Educational Material tab.
We will periodically schedule group classes according to the interest of individuals. The Educational Material page and calendar will be updated when new classes are available.
We may be able to hold a class at a location you specify if there are enough participants and we have the time available. Contact us if you would like to schedule a class.
How long is the Homebuyers Education Class?
The Homebuyers Education Class is an 8-hour class that is taught in two, 4-hour sessions at Pioneer Credit Counseling. Current classes are scheduled on Tuesday and Thursday nights from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
What organizations do you belong to?
Pioneer Credit Counseling is a HUD (Housing and Urban Development) approved counseling agency. We are also affiliated with the following organizations.
- The National Housing Counseling Association (NHCA) was formed in Washington, D.C. as a non-profit entity with the objective to support HUD-approved 501(c)3 housing counseling agencies in the delivery of reverse mortgage counseling services.
- National Reverse Mortgage Lenders Association (NRMLA) The national voice of the reverse mortgage industry, serving as an educational resource, policy advocate, and public affairs center for lenders and related professionals.
- Black Hills Homeless Coalition An outreach program that puts on events that benefit the homeless like Homeless Connect, where low-income families and homeless individuals have a chance to meet with community organizations that provide them with goods and services.
- Better Business Bureau – Pioneer Credit Counseling has been a highly rated business since 2002 and currently has an A+ rating for outstanding quality and service.